Thursday, April 22, 2010

week 11

Nearing the end of the semester brings about 2 things the cold and assignments. The last assignment for this semester is a data visualization concept. I still don’t have a idea but this week in our tutorials I was able to look at a few cool ideas. Michael had put a lot of links on delicious to look at. Towards the end of the tutorial everyone in the class had to analyze and present a data visualization to the class. I had a Crayola data visualization time line. It showed how the Crayola colours had increased as the years went on up to the present. In 1901 there were only 8 colours and by 2010 there are 120. the graph shows that the colours increase on average 2.56% a year. It also shows that the colours double every 28 years. If this trend keeps going then my kids will have 330 crayons to draw with in the year 2050. Hopefully I come up with a sweet idea soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment